At Santa Fe Vein & Med Spa, we are excited to expand our Functional Medicine service offerings to include medical cannabis and plant medicine consultations!
Dr. Biggs became interested in medical cannabis treatment when attending the 2019 Institute for Functional Medicine's Annual International Conference about "Stress, Pain, and Addiction." There, she heard Dr. Dustin Sulak, a world-renowned medical cannabis specialist from Maine with over 10 years of clinical experience and thriving practice of over 18K patients of all ages (pediatric to seniors) lecture on the "Endocannabinoid System."
Wanting to be a more knowledgeable and better-skilled clinician in this subject matter, Dr. Biggs attended an in-person clinical training with Dr. Sulak's mentorship in October 2019. She has also successfully completed the Healer.com medical cannabis curriculum and is a Healer-Certified Medical Cannabis and Hemp CBD Advisor. She partners with Healer.com for ongoing education to ensure that her patients receive care that is doctor-developed and scientifically supported.
Patients we serve include:
- Individuals who are new to cannabis or have not used it in years.
- Established cannabis consumers who want to be re-sensitized and get more therapeutic value from their plant medicine.
- Patients who want to get the greatest medical benefit from their plant medicine with the lowest risk of having unwanted psychoactive effects.
- Caregivers wanting more information about how to select better plant medicine for a loved one.
- Those who want to better understand how the non-psychoactive cannabinoids in hemp, such as CBD, can be of medical benefit.
- Patients in search of guidance when shopping for cannabis at dispensaries.
- Patients in need of dosing advice or how to switch from inhalation to tincture.
- Patients looking for an effective strategy to wean from opioid pain medicine.
- And more information, personalized to each patient's needs.
Questions we answer:
- Do you think medical cannabis could help my condition?
- How can I get the greatest therapeutic benefit from my plant medicine without feeling impaired?
- Which is better: inhalation or ingestion? What are the pros and cons?
- How much CBD should I be taking?
- What should I look for, or ask about, when I shop for certain products at dispensaries?
- Other questions like these, or questions about medical cannabis dosing and treatment.
Services we offer:
- Plant Medicine Consultations for new and established cannabis consumers
- New Applications for the NMDOH Medical Cannabis Program (to get a new card)
- Annual Verification for the NMDOH Medical Cannabis Program (for annual verification)
- Recertification of Card for the NMDOH Medical Cannabis Program (to complete the 3-year recertification requirement)"