Functional medicine offers a personalized approach to treatment focusing on primary prevention and the underlying causes of disease, rather than merely addressing the symptoms of chronic conditions. Dr. Kristen Biggs and her team work diligently to uncover the truth of what’s going on with your body, and to come up with the treatment protocol best suited for you based on latest research.
Why Choose Functional Medicine?
Many chronic diseases including diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, cancer, autoimmune disorders, and more, are slow to develop. Functional medicine focuses on lowering your risks of becoming a chronic condition candidate. Preventing a disease from developing will avoid having to treat it later. Even if you are suffering from a condition, functional medicine will help reverse any damage by empowering your body to heal itself.
Functional Medicine with Lab Testing
- Food Antibody Testing uncovers intolerances to foods and may also indicate digestive issues including leaky gut syndrome.
- Nutritional testing provides in-depth information about your nutritional status, your immune responses to food, and your digestive health.
- Antioxidant and vitamin level testing provide us a scientific basis for recommending supplements, dietary changes, or lifestyle modifications, along with targeted treatments to restore your optimal health and function.
- Gut Microbiome Testing evaluates the bacteria living in your microbiome, or gut that influence your health positively and negatively.
- Limited Genetic Testing for Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs) enables us to locate genes associated with a disease which allows us to design a plan to lower your risk factors by healthily influencing your genes.
Weight Loss and Nutrition Counseling
At Santa Fe Vein and Med Spa, we address the root causes of your weight gain and offer exercise and nutritional counseling to ensure your optimal health and wellness.
Excessive stress is one of the leading causes of many chronic conditions present today. At Santa Fe Vein and Med Spa, we will identify the causes of your stress and help you find ways to relax.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Contact us today at Santa Fe Vein and Med Spa to learn more about our functional medicine services and how to enhance your health and wellness. Begin your journey to a healthier you today!